Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Life is fickle.

It's true. Life is a fickle, fickle fiend.

An update: my mission has been postponed.

A few weeks ago, when a mission call should have been sent to me, a letter got sent to my stake president instead. There were a bit of health struggles a little while ago (I'm not dying!) and the brethren feel as though we need a bit more time to pass to make sure I can continue to be a successful, healthy little missionary before they send me half way around the world/country/state. I can reapply in May.

Surprised? A little. Disappointed? Yes. Sad? Definitely. Discouraged? No way.
I will still continue to prepare and plan for a mission! I just have eight more months to do it.

Thanks to all (Josh and Susan! ...and Nicole!) for the wonderful support and encouragement. This is not the end, merely a 'To Be Continued..."

2 comments:

robyne said...

Life is fickle, keep smiling sweetie and know that there is a reason for this. I truly believe that a mission is specific...you are called to a certain place, at a certain time, in order to reach certain people. The Lord knows your heart and desires. I Love you and I am so glad you were able to meet up with Nicole for lunch! We miss you!

J. Guest said...

Nice to know that the brethren are giving you special treatment. Kind of cool.